Thursday, April 11, 2013

little bits finished quilt pictures

 As I was going through my old blog list I realized that I never posted a finished picture of my little bits quilt.  One of my first projects on this blog.  Well its been a few years and the boys have changed a little but as you can see they still are excited about their quilts, even little boys like to have nice things and they feel special when its made by mommy...




this is the quilt with the emphasis on "blue", the backing and the binding have more blue details






This quilt has the emphasis on "red", with a red backing and red details in the binding




It may not seem like much of a difference, but when you have twins you learn you have to color code things and so for quite a while we have stuck to it, but lately Mr. Red has been wearing and asking for blue and its confusing everyone, so now its just whatever color you like, its a new phase and the color coding has served its purpose.

This next photo is of the backing and a label I made, it was really cute when I put the quilts on their bed for the first time, I showed them the label and their name and they hugged it and like to sleep holding that corner because it says love mom....how cute are these little guys?


 

So I have to say that I am happy with this fabric, it has not faded much, through all the washing's  and believe me they have been washed!



No comments:

Post a Comment